- Lifestyle Books
- In My Own Voice Reading from My Collected Works Vol. 3 On Water
In My Own Voice Reading from My Collected Works Vol. 3 On Water
NOTE: Comes complete with special video recordings of the author, Dr. Jeffrey Lant reading each chapter of the book.
I was moved to write this book after I saw a picture of one of the greatest rivers on Earth, the Colorado, It is a picture of water removed, thus life removed. It is the Colorado River, no longer God’s splendid creation, but merely a rocky water pipe, nothing but a riverbed. There are a hundred such miles at the end of the Colorado system, a hundred miles of the 1,450 mile waterway now has only the slightest memory of water, much less powerful water on a race to the great Pacific.
This book is the story of water. It is the culmination of many streams of thought and information writing about big issues, the issue that is water.
I write of:
- a joyous obsession with America’s national parks, particularly the Grand Canyon.
- a study of the mudflats where once the full panoply of water possibilities fertilized the landscape, now moribund.
- of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool, where people come to refresh mind and spirit.
- of boyhood remembrance of the crick.
- and aging sewer lines
In this book, I take up five water based stories. What they have in common is that each features a way that water may be presented and used, so that future generations will have less to blame us about.
I give you five views of water, shared with readings made especially to go along with this volume the third in my series "In My Own Voice. Reading from My Collected Works"
Digital Book 50 pages with 6 separate videos